As of 06/25/2012, we do have some facts about the leader in Concentrated Photo Voltaic Solar.
- The 5MW plant at Hatch is under-performing,
- The Amonix 7700 5MW power plant has been in operation for a year, power production figures grow worse.
- Power Production is typically in the low 60 percent region of claimed power production, when other Solar PV Power Plants are making 95-100% of their claimed power.
- Web pages in Europe point to the Alamosa 30MW power plant as proof that CPV is the investment to consider, and we see nothing but silence from the DOE, NREL, Congentrix, Amonix, and others regarding the real power production.
- Most of the Green Media Websites are still content to promote the claimed power production figures.
After a Blitzkrieg style marketing effort appearing to have come from Amonix, we see nothing but silence after the equipment becomes operational… that is never a good sign!
If there were no Subsidies, Grants, guaranteed Loans, Green Energy Fund Managers looking for anything to invest in…. we’d have no problem identifying who the chumps are.
There is never a better opportunity to learn about technology than current events. And here we see that no one seems to be interested. The very least we can do is preserve the information on the WEbsites of Amonix, NREL, NetEra, Congentrix, and a few others for further study.
Predicting the future, I’m taking bets:
The Amonix 7700s will prove far too expensive to make any kind of return on investment compared to other technologies available prior, during, and after the production of the Amonix 7700s shipped to Hatch and Alamosa.
- No credible source will be found that will endorse the Amonix Wind Protection theory.
- No credible source will be found to endorse the claims that the Amonix 7700 was a field proven power plant.
- The Gang Greens will clearly ‘out themselves’ as they will continue to show zero interest in the facts, the Marketing hype is all they need, this is more a religious movement for them, it’s Faith based, who in hell needs facts anyway?
And.. we need ask… those Amonix Managers, did they slip out the door like thieves in the night? Should they have known things were not quite right? Have they already proven that nothing is more important than a paycheck?
Yes.. you’re right, I have the questions… not the answers, but don’t we know… this IS the test for the entire Alternative Energy Industry, together we’ll find out if they have a shred of caring when it comes to a return on investment.